Mon-Jan 23 2012
Wherein I Watch the Premier of "Alcatraz" and Decide its Going to Suck
Even though our heroes have a snazzy high-tech batcave right under the prison, and they know that
something deeply strange happened there in 1963, they don't take the obvious step of surveilling
the living crap out of the place in case something else might happen. And so the series begins
with one of the prisoners waking up in THE FIRST PLACE THEY SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED and then wandering
away, free as a bird.
And do you really need a ticket to leave Alcatraz island? Do they have a lot of people taking private
boats to the island and cheating them out of a return trip? What are they going to do if you don't
have a ticket, leave you there?
And why put your headquarters on Alcatraz, besides it sounding like a cool idea? It's isolated, they can't
get to their quarry quickly, it must be a pain getting good bandwidth, and everything and everybody
has to be brought in and out by ship IN SECRET. And it's not like they're keeping a close eye on the
scene of the crime (see first rant).
And why set up a convoluted and easily broken plot (old gun > gun store > room key on counter > security
camera > hotel) to have a pet sniper (Who apparently hasn't
heard of head shots) kill ONE of the anti-prisoner team. You've got 3 of them in one room-blow
them up with a bomb. And I bet they never explain why notoriously poor order-takers are doing the Big Bad's
bidding so willing and completely.
Wed-Mar 09 2011
Mon-Nov 29 2010
Mon-Jun 21 2010
Sun-Jun 13 2010
Mon-May 31 2010
Sun-May 30 2010
Thu-May 27 2010
Animated GIF of the Day: How Lost Should Have Ended
Animated GIF of the Day: How Lost Should Have Ended _ Wake up, Vincent _
Twitter Thu, 27 May 2010 06:35:23
Wed-May 26 2010
Lost Finale Thoughts - Part #1
So yea, kind of mixed
Speaking of unanswered questions, how about some just from the finale?
Unanswered Lost Questions
- Where did the sailboat that the MIB was going to escape on come from? Desmond's boat
was left at Hydra Island. The Losties swan from the sunken sub, Widmore, Tina Fey, and MIB
took canoes. OK, maybe MIB sails the sailboat back with the canoe in tow and then
paddles to Othertown.
- Why aren't Lapidus, Miles, and Richard concerned with leaving the Island on the right
bearing? They have no idea that Desmond has done whatever the fuck Desmond did with the
plug to the sacred hot-tub. As far as they know, the rules are the same: you can only
leave the Island on one special bearing. And since the Frozen Donkey Wheel has been turned
and the Island has moved, I think you assume that the old bearing no longer applies.
- Who built the yellow-light pool? At some time in the past the pool didn't exist-how
did that work?
- My own personal obsessive peev: They didn't need to try to fly a crash-landed airliner
out of a hand-built jungle airstrip. THERE'S ANOTHER BOAT:
The Trawler .
Sun-May 23 2010
Wed-May 19 2010
Wait a minute, Ben couldn't kill Widmore before (even if he wanted to), but now he can? I call shenanigans, aka bullshit. #lost
Wait a minute, Ben couldn't kill Widmore before (even if he wanted to), but now he can? I call shenanigans, aka bullshit. #lost
Twitter Wed, 19 May 2010 00:09:59
Sat-May 01 2010
Sat-Apr 24 2010
Thu-Apr 22 2010
Fri-Apr 16 2010
Thu-Apr 15 2010
Fri-Apr 09 2010
Thu-Apr 08 2010
Wed-Apr 07 2010
Lost Ep #611 - Happily Ever After - Quick and Dirty
No "previously on Lost" intro
How did Widmore get Dez away from the hospital? There's no way Penny would have left.
Widmore kidnapped Dez right around Ajira
How does Widmore know that the Island isn't done with Dez?
How does Widmore know ANYTHING?
External Blockhouse - wood
What does that generator run on?
Another white rabbit - named Angstrom
Widmore is running light - his science team is the same as his muscle
"If everything I've been told about you is true, you'll be fine" - TOLD BY WHO?
My son died here on this Island - Faraday?
Jesus Desmond, don't go between the coils!
Coils flash us to LA post-landing of Oceanic 815
Dez "not a big fan of surprises"
Minkowski is picking up Dez - in Timeline1 he was freighter's communication's officer.
Limo driver is a step down.
Dez was "closing a deal for the boss". "boss's right-hand man" - bet the boss
Painting of scales (as in justice) on Widmore's office wall
Timeline2 Faraday is musician
Faraday2 and Charlie2 are supposed to play together
Another shot of MacCutcheon
What does Dez2 say for a toast "Sanjal?"
Dez2 should have brought muscle
"There's always a choice, brutha"
Charlie2 really knows how to party
Another "Charlie drowning" scenario
Hand held up - Dez2 sees T1 - "Not Penny's Boat"
MRI mirrors Widmore's Island Coil machine
It's a hospital, of course Jack Shepard2 is there
At least Desmond2 has regular clothes, Charlie2 hard to take seriously with ass hanging out.
Charlie2's right, none of "this" (Timeline2/flashsideways) matters, because it isn't real.
Ms. Hawking2 married to Widmore2 - they deserve each other
"What happened, happened"
Ms. Hawking2 knows that Dez can't see the list
"A Violation" of WHAT?
Dez2 has everything/what he always wanted in this fantasy world - he's not supposed to be poking
at the bounderies YET. Once again Hawking knows the inner rules.
Why isn't getting together with Penny not what Desmond most wants?
Dez is Faraday's constant.
Charlie2 and Faraday2 want to talk about LOVE, brutha
Faraday2 saw Charlotte, got connected to Timeline1
Stadium where Desmond met Jack, now Penny is doing the running. At least she didn't trip.
Back to the Island
Why didn't Zombie-Sayid kill Zoe Tina Fey?
Post-Zap Island Desmond is really freaky. He knows something. And he's VERY agreeable.
This time Desmond is the one who falls down.
Of course Limo Driver George can get an airline manifest.
Tue-Apr 06 2010
Wed-Mar 31 2010
Lost Ep #610 - The Package - Quick and Dirty
- All the Candidates have to go together-or die/get crossed off Wall
- Jin in the dark
- Jin/Sun not married-Why travelling together?
- Sayid is emotionless-but knows it's not right
- Why is Widmore interested in Jin?
- Why wasn't Flocke aware of Widmorians?
- Sun: Leave me alone (Togetherness and Aloneness)
- Sun sent to deliver watch (what he was told)
- Jin's here to shop? And her Father sent her alone with
Sun even though neither speak English? Really?
- Did Flocke promise Jin he would reunite Sun and Jin?
Flocke still doesn't give a good reason for Temple massacre
- FLOCKE: "Stay here. We'll be back in a couple of hours. I'll see
what I can find out. But whatever happens, Sun, you have my word--if there's a
way for you and Jin to be together again, if there's a way to save our people...
I'll find it."
Source: Follow the Leader
- Of course, that "if there's a way" gives him an out on the promise.
- Sun2 / Sun both planned run away
- Mirror in Sun's room
- Why didn't Flocke pursue Sun?
- Sun wakes up speaking Korean/Link to Sun2
- Flocke must not be in constant contact with his "claimed"
- Where were the grid-maps? On Hydra-why would they be there?
Did Widmore take the maps when he was exiled?
If neither, how did Widmore get the maps?
How did Widmore know about the maps?
- Kate's name is crossed off on wall
Source: Cliffside Caves
Why is she no longer a Candidate? She's not dead, or "claimed".
- Flocke betraying Kate? He never promised her anything, even
- If Flocke can't Smokey to Hydra, WHO KILLED AJIRA?
They didn't look shot, means nothing - Darts, Plot Holes
- Mikhail Bakhunin - Both eyes, not Dharma, Not Other
- Sun lost her ability to speak English
- "Easy Friend, I come in Peace" - Flocke likes the word friend
- Still no name for Flocke
- Widmore lies to Flocke about Jin
- Richard believes Flockes story about airplane
- Richard destroying airplane contrasts to Locke destroying Submarine
- "Heart wants what the heart wants" - where have we heard that before?
- Tina Fey is a geophysicist.
- Widmore is sorry like Keamy is sorry.
- Widmore offers Jin what he wants, like Flocke
- Widmore says that if Flocke escapes everyone will cease to be. - "Ceasing to be" is a new description-pretty weird
- The Package is a "who"-my money's on Desmond
- Widmore let Flocke leave-hasn't got a way to kill him, at least not yet.
- There isn't much in that cooler in the way of food.
- Sayid's Robin-Hoodness only extends so far.
- Shit, Sun2 shot. Either we get a Flashsideways Major Character death or
we're due a trip to see Dr. Jack.
- RED tomato, didn't have time to notice color cues in Flashsideways.
- Jack's taking on responsibilities beyond Jacob's needs
- No big surprise, Desmond's out of the closet.
Twitter Tue, 30 Mar 2010 20:07:43
Team Jacob: Sarcasm, awesomeness, redemption, forgiveness, faith, love,... - Team Jacob -Tweet 11348266141
Tue-Mar 30 2010
Lost - Ep #607 - Dr Linus
- T1: The timeline where flight 815 crashed on the Island.
- T2: The "flash-sideways" timeline where the Losties continue on to LA and the Island
- Jack2, Kate2, Claire2. etc2: Characters in T2. T1 characters have no suffix.
- Flocke: The impersonation of Locke, presumably by the Man in Black, aka Esau, Jacob's
Nemesis, The Smoke Monster.
Scene By Scene
All dialogue from the
Lostpedia "Dr Linus" Transcript
-T1 Jungle/Escaping the Temple-
-T2 Ben2's House-
- Sun: "Who's Dogen?" - Characters asking questions, I love it.
- This episode's mirror scene is Ben2 reflected in a microwave.
- A baseball game is playing on the radio (I don't see a TV).
- Roger2 is doing a crossword, yet another game like tic-tac-toe or solitaire.
- Ben2 and Roger2 where in the Dharma Initiative and went to the Island. What happened there
and why did they leave?
- Roger is on oxygen, a possible reference to the actor Jon Gries's previous show
"The Pretender", which featured
with a similar tank.
- In T2, Ben2 gives Roger2 a life-saving gas. In T1, Ben killed Roger with poison gas.
- Roger wonders what would have happened if they'd stayed on the Island. Would it have been
- Of course Alex2 is in Ben2's history club. That's where all the daughters of French
scientists end up.
- If anything, the characters in T2 are more closely linked than in T1. Is there
some outside influence on their lives? We still don't know why the T1 characters are linked.
-T1 Jungle-Jack and Hurley-
- Ilana is working off another list
- Six candidates left:
- Let's assume Sayid and Claire are crossed off Ilana's list.
Why does Ilana consider Sayid and Claire non-Candidates
when Dogen didn't? Was Dogen forbidden to kill Candidates or those touched
-T2 Library - Ben2 and Alex2-
- Ben finds a "Booty Babes" porn mag, a fictitious book
entitled "Benjamin Disraeli: Justice and Truth in Action", and a copy of
"The Chosen" by Chaim Potok.
"Justice is truth in action" is a
famous quotation of Disraeli's.
- Lapidus didn't fly Oceanic flight 815 because his alarm didn't go off.
Was this caused or an accident?
- Like Roger2, Lapidus wonders how different life might have turned out.
- Ben refers to "the Island still got you in the end". Does the Island bring people to it or
does Jacob? Or do both?
- The East India Trading Company would have been in operation when the Black Rock
last set sail from England in 1845.
- Red shirt on Alex2
- Alex2's mom (presumably Danielle Rousseau) works 2 jobs. We can assume that
her father is out of the picture.
- Ben2 is not going to keep that promise to Alex2.
-T1 Jungle - Jack, Hurley, Richard-
- We never see anyone at the beach argue Ben's case.
Ben could write a check on that banana leaf, if he had something to write with.
- Does Miles have a tattoo on the back of his neck?
- Jacob was hoping Ben wouldn't kill him.
- Hurley and Richard have never met before-someone must have told Hurley about
- I love that Richard knows what a cyborg is and Hurley makes him deny being one.
- Jacob gave Richard "a gift"; that's why he doesn't age.
- The Black Rock looks pretty good for a wooden ship that's been in a tropical jungle for
- Great, Jacob talks to the fat guy-Richard's suckiest day just gets suckier.
- Richard has lost his faith in Jacob.
-T1 Black Rock-
- Long set of Red books.
- Arzt2 marking in Red ink.
- Ben2's Red tie.
- Ben2 breaks his promise to Alex2.
- This is the last season: Arzt won't go along unless he knows what's happening.
- "Tree Crap" is a scientific term for "leaves and twigs".
- Arzt2's line, "Linus you're a real killer", provokes a flash of memory in Ben2.
- Richard probably arrived on the Black Rock, and has never visited it since.
- The shadows of slats on the floor look like a chessboard.
- Historically, the dynamite couldn't have come on the Black Rock. It last set sail
in 1845 and dynamite wasn't invented until the 1860s.
Is this just a screw-up or did someone put the dynamite there after the wreck?
RICHARD: "What I'm talking about Jack is that...Jacob touched me, and when
Jacob touches you... well it's considered a gift... except it's not a gift at
all. It's a curse."
HURLEY: "Dude, seriously! Let's go now!"
JACK: "Why do you want to die?"
RICHARD: "I devoted my life, longer than you can possibly imagine, in service of
a man who told me that everything was happening for a reason, that he had a
plan, plan that I was a part of, when the time was right that he'd share it with
me, and now that man's gone so...why do I want to die? Because I just found out
my entire life had no purpose. Now if I light this myself it won't work, but you
can light it for me Jack. I made the fuse long enough so you'll have time to get
Richard is as much in the dark as the Losties, always has been.
Jacob touched all the Candidate Losties as well. What gift did they receive?
- "Let's Talk"- I laughed out loud at this. Jack wants answers.
- Too bad Jack did all the talking.
- It's not that Jack has faith. He's just figured out some of the rules; if
Richard can't kill himself because he was touched, then neither can Jack.
- Richard is following Jack.
- Red Door
Painting of green and blue - jungle and ocean?
- That is one
- Crafty T1 Ben would have thought his blackmail plan out better and realized he
had a weakness.
- Ben2 can't do what T1 Ben did and say that Alex2 means nothing to him.
- Principal Reynolds still has a problem-Alex2 will graduate and be beyond
his influence, but Ben2 will still have the emails.
- Principal Reynolds call Ben2 "Doctor".
Picture of the Island?
- Ben's little speech doesn't make much sense, but Michael Emerson is so good
it doesn't really matter.
"Ben's only redemption at this point lies in the fact that he
himself was pushed and manipulated into the very role he's played. Benjamin
Linus never chose to be leader, and unlike Napoleon maybe he never really wanted
it. The metamorphosis he underwent at the temple came while he was an
unconscious child, with no choice given to him whatsoever. He usurped power from
Charles Widmore out of necessity, in an effort to raise a daughter who Widmore
admittedly would rather see dead. Unknowingly, Ben's upbringing as a Dharma-brat
also influenced his decision to move everyone to the barracks... a decision, in
hindsight, that would disconnect him from the island at the most fundamental of
String all of these things together, and the sum total of Ben's existance has
been engineered since childhood. He's been given very few choices, other than
the one he himself later points out: the death of Alex. Ben confesses to
choosing the island over the life of his daughter, and honestly admits to his
mistake. His pain and sorrow are genuine, and so is his
- Ben is the first person to turn down Flocke.
- Ben2 still has a hold on Principal Reynolds, as long as he doesn't push it too far.
- What is Lapidus doing lighting a fire while it's still daylight?
- Miles dug up the diamonds in the short time Ben was gone?
- Ilana's doesn't get hugs.
- Widmore is back.
- Lots of choices for Ben:
Kill Ilana or not
Flocke or Jacob
- Ben has come to terms with himself and earned a little redemption - so he'll
probably die soon.
- Why is Jacob looking for replacements?
- Is Jacob's gift always agelessness? If so, it must have limits, or
Jacob wanted Jack to get appendicitis.
- Jacob touched Ben when Ben stabbed him.
- Is Widmore the person that Jacob said was coming? Probably
Source: The 'Lost' Council of Nerds
"Things I also loved: Jack fucking with destiny with the stick of dynamite. He's
always been the dude who believes in free will and in this single moment it's
almost like he's hacked into destiny's operating system to his own advantage.
Couldn't help but think of the exchange from season one: Jack—"I don't believe
in destiny." Locke—"Yes, you do. You just don't know it yet." I think he Jack
might believe in a certain type of destiny—one where he's not meant to be blown
up. I'm looking forward to Destiny Jack taking on Team Evil with the idea in his
head that he's kind of invincible."
- We're The Alt
So will we ever learn why women couldn’t carry babies to term on the island?
Isn’t that the whole reason Juliet was brought over by Dharma in the first
place?—Jean B., via e-mail
Lindelof says the show is not going to specifically state why, however, “we feel
like we’ve given you the empirical data so you can figure it out for yourself.”
Hmm… a little more help please for the clueless? “Clearly Ethan was born on the
island in 1977,” continues Lindelof. “That’s the last baby that we know of who
was born on the island. And then something happened between 1977 and when our
show takes place in 2004 (when Claire arrived eight months pregnant) where it’s
been a long time since women have been able to have babies on the island. What
might have happened between those two points that could have created fertility
Give me a fucking break. We're supposed to be able to deduce what happened between 1977 and
2004 that caused the pregnancy problem? It's a magical Island ruled by a mysterious demi-god;
It could be goddamn anything-the Incident, Ben usurping Widmore, the Purge, Hurley travelling back
in time and cooking ham.
- It seems strange that Dogen knew that the MIB/Smoke Monster could appear as a dead person but
Richard and Ben didn't. Jacob could have made MIB killing him a great deal more difficult if
he shared this information. To me this is either evidence that even being killed by Ben is part
of Jacob's plan-or a plot hole.
No Fishbiscuitland this week
Things I Noticed - "Dr. Linus",
'Lost' recap: Lessons Learned,
by Jeff Jensen (Entertainment Weekly)
'Lost' (recap) mystery solved! Your missing Jack/Richard/Black Rock analysis!,
by Jeff Jensen (Entertainment Weekly)
The 'Lost' Council of Nerds
Key Points from "Dr. Linus",
S6Ep7 - Dr. Linus,
by Long Live Locke
Lost Friday - "Dr. Linus.",
by The CDP
Choosing and Being Chosen in “Dr. Linus”,
by The Sanatorium
Thoughts on Dr. Linus... ,
by Eye M Sick
Initial Thoughts: Dr Linus,
by Gitsie Girl
Marc Oromaner’s Lost In Myth: The Lesson of “Dr. Linus”─What About You?
'Lost': Ben attempts to atone for the past and save his future in 'Dr. Linus',
by Ryan McGee
LOST: “Dr. Linus”",
Doc Jensen: Island of 'Lost' Souls?
SPOILER ALERT: Mini-Recap & Discussion Post for “Dr. Linus”,
by The Ack Attack!
The Crosshairs of Destiny: "Dr. Linus" - Recap,
Principal Purpose: Culture and Meaning in LOST 6.07 “Dr. Linus” ,
by Pearson Moore
Sun-Mar 28 2010
Wed-Mar 17 2010
Sun-Mar 14 2010
Fri-Mar 12 2010
Twitter Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:23:47
Tonite on #LOST: "Do this." "Tell me why." "I'll tell you after you do it." Later: "Okay, tell me." "Run! Smoke Mon ...Tweet 10354094311